The innovation behind technology has given us many fruitful benefits for a long time. Technology such as wireless transmission, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Li-Fi made the world so simple where everything seems so implacable and overwhelming.
Just like Wi-Fi, Li-Fi is new era wireless communication technology. Light Fidelity in short li-fi is a high-speed wireless transmitting technology used widely in the 21st century in many sectors.
Healthcare, Education, Retail, Aviation, Exhibition Industry, and Solar Industry are name of few.
In the light of Li-Fi, Healthcare and Solar Industry are one of primary application areas in the global Li-Fi market.
Today in this blog we will discuss the advantages of Li-Fi solar technology, how it works, and the future of this technology in India.
About Li-Fi Solar Panels
We know that Li-Fi technology is used for data transmitting using light. This technology is different from Wi-fi (which uses radio frequency for data communication) here this technology is readily based on light. Hence, data is sent, traveled, and carried by light signal as variation in brightness.
This technology was first coined by Harald Haas during a 2011 TEDGlobal talk in Edinburgh and now it is popular in the global market.
Talking about li-fi solar, as light is the main source for data transmitting, here, solar panels act as a medium for generating energy and data transmitting.
Solar cells decode encoded data (which is received via streaming content assets includes server, internet, driver, etc) transmitted by LED lamp. Also, the data is encoded with sudden change of brightness of light signal.
How This Technology Works?
However, there is slight variation in its actual working. But the general approach of how this technology works is explained and mentioned step-by-step below.
- This technology uses future considered assets, thus, it is named for its characteristics ‘Future Solar Li Fi System’.
- The data or figure or output (visual or any other form) despite typical set up for solar wifi based technology.
- Simply, solar cells decode encoded data transmitted by an LED lamp. The data is encoded with a sudden change of brightness of the light signal.
- To get the visual of the inputs, there are devices called laptops which are connected to solar panels which decode data and are responsible for displaying the result on the monitor.
Advantages of Li-Fi Solar Technology
- It is considered the second most high-speed wireless communication tool.
- It uses LED lamps, apart from lighting purpose, side-by-side, can be used to transmit data.
- It is very efficient in terms of costs as well as energy.
- Most impressively, there is no chance for data dribble.
- It does not penetrate walls, the same light and the same spectrum can be used without interference in communication.
- This innovation makes use of the increasing availability of solar cells for various applications.
Also Read: Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Energy
Future of Li-Fi Solar Technology in India
Despite India using the speedier internet technology i.e. Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi), may be there is more time to make Li-Fi technology available in India. It could be said that LiFi products or its innovation are yet to shed light on India.
As there is no initiative has been taken yet from our Indian Government about bridging or incorporating such technology for the people, industry, and economy. But, in the coming years, there is a chance we will see this kind of technology in-play.
However, if we predict that India using Li-Fi technology that is LED light-based technology, can receive data, act as a broadband receiver, and help solve rural connectivity issues, and much more.