Majorly every industry and sector endorse modern technology such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), etc. Their presence and features extremely proven friendly result in better monitoring, performance, and controlling.
In the contrast of solar energy, technology plays a big role here. To be specific, solar power systems are rated as the highest renewable energy source to be utilized in India and with the application of modern technologies it plays a vital role in the monitoring and maintenance area.
But how does the solar panel be monitored remotely?
With the help of IoT based RMS (Remote Monitoring System) users and installers can both track every major and minor performance of solar power systems anytime, on-the-go.
We have discussed RMS and how it works along with its benefits.
Also Read: What is Solar Li-Fi and How It Works?
What is RMS?
RMS stands for Remote Monitoring System is a cloud-based (IoT) system used to keep track performance of your solar plant. The tracking features available are widely aimed to maximize the performance (generation) and reduce the maintenance cost and time.
Moreover, this cloud-based monitoring system works by interpreting the data and data management that enables remote monitoring of the solar system irrespective of its size.
Why Is It Required?
In general, you don’t need RMS for the solar system, as though, solar power systems also work without this technology. But for better and effective performance of your solar system you can refer to RMS for your solar panels.
Considering data monitoring technology for solar system provide intuitive benefits as follow:
- Live data tracking and analysis
- Real-time access to the plant’s performance
- Get notification and service intervention alarms
- Offer data on the historical weather-based performance
- Detect defects with panel strings and recommend repairs to the setup
- Effective remote monitoring and management of your solar power system
How Does it Work? 3 Step’s Working Process
‘The RMS is an inbuilt or external data logger that works with the inverter’
A Remote Monitoring System isn’t a complex process, it is as simple as installation of solar panels. Here we mentioned the step-by-step process of its working.
- The system independently measures and records various vital parameters such as date, time, climate, and system performance of a solar power plant consistently. The information collected is called data of RMS.
- Further, the performance data syncs with a remote cloud server, at predefined intervals.
- At last, users and installers can interpret the data and see the actual result or performance of the system using user ID and a password. Beneficiary can check the performance with an android/iOS app (if available), or any standard web-browser.
Benefits of Having RMS Accredited Efficient System
RMS isn’t just about tracking the performance of the solar system but it also notify us when something is wrong in the system in advance. The key benefits of having an efficient system are:
- Advance notification alarm with specific detailed issue.
- Parties can examine various plant parameters (inverter performance, solar panel cells, etc)
- Frequently observe plant performance on daily, weekly, monthly intervals.
- Also, we can even access the string monitoring.
RMS in the solar system is at one-point providing significant benefits and at different ends helps users to get complete monitoring performance. We highly recommend you to think about a remote monitoring system for your rooftop solar panels.
With Om Solar Solution you can get data monitoring benefits at scale. Get a solar plant to maintain and monitor its performance throughout its life. Contact us