In the recent solar subsidy update brought by the central government as well as State Nodal Agencies has introduced major aggressive incentives and attractive subsidy schemes for rooftop PV system users.
Rooftop PV system refers to the rooftop solar panel system comprising solar panel size, inverters, and batteries along with a rack system. By installing a solar rooftop system, solar owners can generate their own energy and use it for different purposes.
However, the cost of rooftop solar installation in Lucknow is high but certainly, considering and availing government schemes the cost by far comes to little. Hence, it helps you to invest in solar sound fully.
Talking about solar energy subsidy is an appreciation amount given by the central and SNAs to solar panel users who installed renewable energy into their place. The power generated by solar energy could be used in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
Let’s have a look at the new coming Government subsidy scheme.
Also Read: Know the subsidy rates and offers
Government Subsidy Scheme for Rooftop Solar System
The updated subsidy scheme is much better than older one and comes with better saving options for people looking for solar installation in 2022. Also, this encourages people to exploit renewable energy devastatingly.
Usually, the subsidy is realized on the number of KW installed. Thus, the total cost, contribution, and saving could be different.
To understand the better view of the picture! Look at the table below.
|S.No.||No. of KW Installation||Total |
|Central Govt. Cont.||State Govt. Cont.||Sum Cont.||Consumer Cost|
As you can see in the table, the total cost of 1KW solar panel installation worth Rs. 76000 will only cost consumers Rs. 7800 after the summing the subsidy contribution provided by central and state government Rs. 30200.
Well, you must know that the subsidy scheme to exploit is limited. These schemes are applicable to institutional, residential, and social sectors. Moreover, it is not applicable to the commercial sector, industrial sector, and public sector undertakings.
Steps for Application Process for the Scheme
How could you avail these subsidy is a common question you must be thinking right now. Let’s have a look at the steps for the application process for the scheme to enjoy benefits.
- Contact your electricity provider to express your interest.
- They will explain the necessary details for installation along with cost and fee. Or, may you also contact a solar company in Uttar Pradesh for the solar installation.
- Call again to the electricity provider for inspection after the completion of the installation process.
- Next, the official will inspect the installation and give their approval for assisting subsidy.
- Hence, the customer can avail of the subsidy amount.
Supplementary Perks Offered by the Government for Installing a Rooftop PV System
However, the government prompts people to use sun-accredited energy due to heterogeneous reasons. There are various other benefits by installing a rooftop solar system leaving subsidy at one side.
- Interested rooftop PV installation person can avail priority sector loans of up to 10 lac from nationalized banks.
- Consumers will receive Rs 2 per unit of electricity generated.
- Furthermore, people can sell the excess of electricity generated by the solar panel system.
Solar Panel Subsidy in Uttar Pradesh, 2022
If you are in search of solar panel subsidy in Uttar Pradesh, here is the breakdown of the recent subsidy scheme brought by the central and state government in Uttar Pradesh only for residential consumers.
- State subsidy Amount – Rs. 15,000-20,000 upto 10 kW
- Central subsidy Amount – 40% for the first 3kW and 20% on remaining 7kW
- Maximum Rooftop Solar System Size – Up to 10kW
- Price for the customer – Rs. 45000 per kW
- Sector – Residential rooftop solar system
- Online Application – Yes (available in different forms)
- Documents Required- Proof of identity, address proof, photo, Aadhar card, Bank details, electricity bill, site photographs, technical specification details, etc.
Solar Panel Subsidy Process in UP
How to get subsidy on solar panels in Uttar Pradesh? You can proceed for the incentive scheme benefit considering the following steps:
Step 1: Submit Application for Solar Connection, there are two ways to submit an application – Online & Offline. (We have already mentioned the application enroll process above)
Step 2: Contact the Power Distribution Company (DISCOM), if you are of the resistance of Uttar Pradesh. There are 8 DISCOMS in Uttar Pradesh:
Noida Power Company Limited
- Kanpur Electric Supply Company Ltd.
- Torrent Power Limited
- Purvanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited
- Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd
- Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
- Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
- U.P. POWER CORPORATION LIMITED
In the end, solar energy is a great alternative energy to think about installing in your home to cut electricity bills, and avail subsidy benefits. So, Install rooftop PV systems and be proud of your own energy.
In the end, solar energy is great alternative energy to think about installing in your home to cut electricity bills and avail subsidy benefits. So, Install rooftop PV systems and be proud of your own energy.